While you're at it, Brae also opened up a store at Etsy selling cute dollhouse accessories. Ach, this is the crappy reality about getting married — I should use my extra cash to cover wedding costs like invitations. But let's face it folks, if i see something drool worthy in miniature, I MUST have it. Good thing soon to be hubby BK encourages this obsession of mine!
(Sorry about the public broadcast announcement Brae — but lady, your work is too awesome to be kept private!!)
Okay, back to the main point of this entry. Otterine surprised me with a message that I got bestowed the "Strange Men in Pinstripes Award". Initially I didn't know what it was (was too busy being excited for getting an award for my weirdness), but I looked it up. Here's what I found (courtesy of Cate Gardner's blog):
The 'Strange Men in Pinstripe Suits' award is given to only the strangest of folk, and as the recipient of such you are deemed very strange indeed. Congratulations.
Now you must go forth and celebrate the strangeness of friends (and strangers – strangers are always allowed) by nominating blogs run by strange folk. *Beware, some people don't like you to refer to them as strange…Try to avoid them if possible.
1. Add the logo of the award to your blog post.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded it to you (don't mess with strange people).
3. Nominate seven other blogs telling us why you think the recipient is strange enough to deserve the award.
4. Leave a message for those nominated on their blogs.
5. And, if you email catephoenix(at)gmail(dot)com and tell her you've received the award for your strangeness, she'll enter you in the biggest kick-ass Strange Men competition ever. Details over at strangemeninpinstripesuits.com.
I gotta tell you folks, the prizes are pretty sweet.
Brae, I am honored by your naming me a recipient of the Strange Men in Pinstripes Suit award. Am definitely stoked at the idea that being weird and strange = awesomeness! Plus, it's always a plus to find a fellow blogger who loves rats as well!
August 31, 2010: I'm still figuring out the six blogs that I want to nominate. There's too many out there that deserve this award! ARGH!!!!